Sunday, February 22, 2015

Professional Yet Fashionable

This past week I went to Chicago on a trip to the DDB marketing firm. The email I received prior to going on the trip said "dress business professional". Now that I am beginning to go on interviews and become a part of the business world, I need to dress the part.

Being only 20, I wanted to look like I belonged, but still dress young and avoid that "stuffy" business look.

The fitted blazer is perfect for dressing business professional. You can never go wrong with a black blazer. It's the pop of color and necklace that bring the whole outfit together. The green shirt goes nicely under the black and the gold chunky necklace accents the green really well.  See? It's easy to put together a great outfit and still be ready for a business meeting.


Another option is the open blazer look. This blazer is great for both business and business casual.  For me, I love pairing is with a long necklace. I shop at New York and Company, it's the perfect place to shop for trendy business clothes.

How you choose to dress reflects how you feel about your job.  With that being said you want to make sure that what you wear reflects yourself.  You don't want to dress like someone you aren't, all you need to do is add your own style.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this post! It gives a good idea of what to expect when you're told to dress professionally! Looking forward to more posts like this! :)

    ReplyDelete